Whether you have decided to get a pet or are still in the decision-making process, choosing which pet is right for you is very important! Every type of pet differs. You will need to consider things like their daily routine to how much they cost to look after.
Questions You Should ask before Choosing!
- How much time do you have to spend with a pet?
- How active are you?
- Which animal suits your home? (Think about shedding, litter boxes and potential wear and tear)
- If you rent, do you have permission to have a pet?
- How much space do you have inside and outside of your house?
- If you have a garden, does it need to be fenced? Do you need an outdoor enclosure?
- What is the cost of looking after this pet? (Think about feeding, essential things they need, vet costs, potential operation costs, licenses etc)
- If you have children, which pet will compliment them? Does everyone in the household want a pet?
- Have you someone who can look after your pet if you go away or become unwell?
- Where will you get your pet? (Please consider adoption. Rescue centres can also help you deicide which pet would suit your needs as they know inside and out what it takes to look after them!).