Under the Control of Dogs Act 1986, which was amended in 1992, all dog owners are required to have a dog licence. Most people will need the individual licence. You must be over 16 years of age to hold a dog licence.
What type of licence do you need?
• Individual dog licence – covers one dog for a period of 12 months
• General dog licence – for owners of kennels for a period of 12 months
• Lifetime dog licence – for the lifetime of the dog for which the licence is issued
Where do I get a Dog Licence?
• Individual dog licences can be purchased at your local Post Office
• General and Lifetime licences can be purchased from your Local Authority
Dogs which do not require a licence
• Guide Dogs for the blind do not require licensing
• Dogs which are in the country for less than 30 days do not require licensing
- Individual €20.00
- Lifetime €140.00
- General €400.00
Click here to LIKE our Facebook page for news, deals and advice.