There are many benefits of children having pets! From building self esteem to teaching important life values. Below we list the great benefits!
Pets Can Help to Build a Child’s Self Esteem
- They will always have someone to talk to and to play with.
- A child will love their pet and in return receive continuous and unconditional love.
- When a child starts learning to read, they can practice reading aloud to their pet. A non judgmental reaction can help a reluctant reader’s self confidence.
Pets are Good for all the Family’s Health
- Thanks to early exposure to certain bacteria’s, children who grow up with pets are less likely to develop common allergies.
- Pet owners get sick less often.
- Stroking a pet lowers stress levels.
- Children who live with dogs have fewer ear infections and less respiratory problems than those who don’t.
Pets Can Teach Children Values
- Children will learn responsibilities from a young age from feeding to walking their pet.
- By helping with the daily needs of a pet, a child will learn compassion.
- They will also learn the importance of how to be kind and gentle.
If you have little ones, follow our sister BabyDoc Club Ireland!