It’s an exciting time em-BARKing on a new journey. Adopting a family member is a big deal! To make your adoption transition easier, PetDoc have compiled a list of questions you need to ask yourself before adopting a pet.
Before you Adopt, Ask Yourself:
- Does your home suit the pet you want to adopt?
- Do you have any other pets and how will they react to a new addition?
- Can you dedicate the necessary time and patience to this pet?
- Does your lifestyle suit this pet?
- Do you have someone to look after the pet if you fall ill, have to work late or go on holidays?
- Is everyone who is living with you happy and excited about the new arrival?
- Have you or the people you live with have pet allergies?
- Will you be bringing the new pet into a happy home? (Pets can sense stress which can in turn make them ill).
- Are you prepared to work with and train this pet should the need arise?
- Can you afford unforeseen costs (such as operations, pet minders etc)?
Click here to LIKE our Facebook page for news, deals and advice.